Makes one tray
- 125g fresh berries of your choice – I used strawberries in this recipe
- 80g coconut butter (aka manna) – you could also try to sub in for creamed coconut
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon good quality honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 25g finely chopped shelled pistachios
- Couple sprinkles rose petals
If using strawberries then trim to remove the green tops. Place the berries, coconut butter, tahini, honey and vanilla in a food processor. Pulse until you get a thick liquid. Scoop into a 6 inch square baking tin (you can use any tin to be honest but if smaller then they will be taller). Make sure the liquid is even by giving the base a few taps. Place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
After this time remove from the freezer and sprinkle over the pistachios and rose petals evenly and press firmly into the halva to set. Put back into the freezer for a further 45 minutes. Then remove from the tin and cut into squares of your desired size. I think around 2inch squares is ideal. Store in the freezer.
When you want to eat you’ll only need a few minutes for them to thaw slightly.