Makes one torte
- 350g chestnut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 150g chestnut puree
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter/manna
- 2 tablespoons almond nut butter
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tablespoons coconut vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil to grease tin
Pre-heat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
In the large bowl of a food processor add all the ingredients except the almond milk. Pulse until you get an even mixture (it will be on the drier side). Gradually add the almond milk to make a thicker ‘batter’.
Lightly grease a round 7 inch/17cm round tin (one with removable sides for ease) with coconut oil. Spoon the mixture in and spread evenly.
Bake in the oven for 75 mins. Allow to cool fully.
Serve with butter set honey or just on its own.
The loaf will be good for up to 5 days in the fridge.