Makes 2 waffles
- 1/3 cup chestnut flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup choice of milk – I used coconut milk in mine
- Coconut oil to grease the waffle maker
- Small cupped handful of pecan nuts crushed and/or a teaspoon of pecan nut butter
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- OPTIONAL extras – add in a couple drops vanilla extract or a teaspoon ground cinnamon if you fancy it!
Get the waffle maker on and heating up!
Place all the dry ingredients – chestnut flour, ground almonds, bicarb of soda and cocoa powder (and cinnamon if using) into a bowl and whisk thorough to make an even mix. Add in the wet ingredients – apple cider vinegar, milk and extract (if using) to the dry mix and whisk thoroughly to create your batter. Leave to rest for 5 mins.
Place a small amount of coconut oil on the waffle maker to grease. Then pour the batter on evenly. Close and leave to cook for 10 minutes. This may be less depending on your waffle maker so check after 5 mins as you don’t want them to burn. When ready remove with a spatula and transfer to a plate. Serve with a sprinkling of pecan nuts and/or the pecan nut butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.