Makes 12 pancakes
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds (mixed with 1/3 cup warm water)
- 1 1/2 cup of cashew milk (I used PLENISH cashew m*lk here)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch mineral rich salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil to cook pancakes
- Optional: 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt if you want a richer coconut taste or my fave is adding a generous tablespoon of peanut butter – Pip & Nut if you want a delicious smooth taste
Mix the chia and the warm water in a bowl and leave for around 5 minutes until it gets sticky.
Sieve the coconut flour into another bowl and add the vanilla powder, baking powder and salt. Stir these so they are evenly distributed.
Then add this dry mixture to the chia seeds, as well as the milk and peanut butter or coconut yogurt if you are adding these too.
Combine well. You will have a very thick batter but thats what we need. Using about two tablespoons of batter remove from the bowl and roll into a ball and flatten. That should give your pancakes.
Then to cook them heat a non stick pancake pan if you have one if not a shallow frying pan with the coconut oil on a medium heat. You will probably have to do this in batches if you are making the full amount. Add the pancakes to the pan cooking for 2 minutes on either side and then another 2 minutes on either side. Remove and serve pilled high with your choice of nut butter, coconut yogurt or just simply with a touch of coconut oil. Enjoy!