Serves 2 (with extra pesto)
- 4 slices of unpasteurised halloumi
- 2 generous handfuls mixed seasonal leaves
- 2 small figs
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil to drizzle
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
- A couple of generous pinches mineral rich salt
For the basil pesto
- Very generous handful of basil (approximately 20g – you can leave stems on)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- Juice 1/2 fresh lemon
- Generous pinch mineral rich salt
Place all of the basil pesto ingredients into the small bowl of a food processor with an S blade and pulse for around 5 minutes until you get a pesto leaving some texture – note you may need to stop and scrape a couple of times. Transfer into a small container and place in the fridge.
Prep the salad ingredients by washing the leaves patting dry and adding to a large bowl, add the halloumi tearing into smaller pieces. Add the sunflower seeds also.
Then slice the figs vertically into thin slices and add to the bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon juice and the mineral salt and stir well to combine.
Divide between two plates and add a teaspoon of pesto per plate in little amounts dispersed throughout. Serve with a nice chunk of sourdough and extra olive oil for dipping. Delicious!