Makes 4 pancakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds mixed with 8 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or a few drops vanilla essence
- 1 heaped teaspoon matcha
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch mineral rich salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for frying
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS: I like to add a generous teaspoon of coconut yogurt to give a creamier texture
Mix the chia seeds and warm water in a medium size bowl and leave for around 5 minutes until it gets sticky. Meanwhile sieve the coconut flour, baking soda and matcha into another separate medium size bowl. Add the vanilla powder or essence and salt and stir so that everything is distributed evenly. Add this dry mixture to the chia seeds as well as the almond milk (and coconut yogurt if using this).
Combine well. You will have a thick batter but thats what we need. Divide into 4 smaller balls and flatten into pancakes. Cook on a non stick shallow pan with the coconut oil on a medium heat. Fry for 2 mins on either side, flip and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove and serve with the matcha coconut cream (see other fun matcha recipe!) or just plain coconut yogurt and flaked toasted almonds to finish. Yum!