- 1/2 cup sprouted buckwheat (you can sub in for sprouted oats or other grain of your choice. Sprouted grains being the most nutritious and soothing to the gut)
- 1 cup cashew nut milk (I used cashew but you can use any plant based milk or full fat organic goat/sheep instead, kefir also works well)
- 3 tablespoons beetroot powder
- 8 brazil nuts
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut or coconut shavings
- Generous pinch mineral rich salt
- 100g coconut yogurt to serve
- 6-8 pistachio nuts to serve (or any other nut you prefer)
Place all of the ingredients except the milk and the coconut yogurt into the small bowl of a food processor with an S blade and pulse for around 30 seconds to break up the nuts and the buckwheat a bit. Then GRADUALLY add the milk so it becomes mixed like a porridge consistency. You can add more or less milk to get your preferred texture. Don’t add in one go or you may have a pink liquid mess!
In another small bowl add the coconut yogurt and using a small whisk beat rapidly until you get a whipped consistency.
Divide the porridge between two bowls and serve with a decent dollop of the whipped coconut cream. Top with finely chopped nuts of your choice. I like pistachio but any ones you fancy will do. Enjoy!