Makes approx 25 truffles
- 150g shelled pistachio nuts
- 20g ground almonds
- 35g unsweetened cocoa powder + 3 tablespoons for rolling
- 40g tiger nut powder – I use this one from The Tiger Nut Company
- 3 tablespoons soft coconut butter (or manna as its sometimes called) – you can also sub in for creamed coconut but may need to soak in some hot water to melt it a bit
- 3 tablespoons almond nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Generous pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup filtered water
Blitz the pistachios in a food processor into fine chunks. Take out 25g (roughly 3 tablespoons) and put on a plate – you will use this later for rolling.
To the pistachios in the food processor add the ground almonds, cocoa powder (minus the 3 tablespoons in the ingredients list as you will save that for rolling later), tiger nut powder and sea salt and pulse to combine. Then add the coconut butter, almond nut butter and almond extract. Pulse again to combine. Then gradually add the water until you have a sticky dough. Remove this from the processor and place onto a chopping board or other surface that you don’t mind getting a bit messy! Next take finger pincer amounts to roll into small balls (approx 3 inches diameter). Put on a plate. Then divide the balls to roll half in the pistachio fine chunks you saved from earlier and half in the straight cocoa powder. Place in the refrigerator to set for an 1 hour. Serve with a hot steaming cuppa or at the end of a dinner with friends.