Makes one small pot
- 3 whole deseeded sweet pointed red peppers
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked mild paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almonds (ideally activated)
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Generous pinch mineral rich salt and black pepper
Deseed and remove the stalk of the peppers, cut into chunks and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper at 200C for 20-25mins until lightly browned.
Remove from the oven. Add the peppers and all the other ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you have a smooth (ish) sauce with some texture. You can add more olive oil if you prefer a smoother consistency. Transfer into a ceramic or glass container and store in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.