Makes 1 generous bowl
- 2 red peppers deseeded and sliced into rough chunks
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened tomato puree
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Couple of pinches chipotle dried chilli (can swap out for regular chilli powder and adjust amount to preferred spiciness!)
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- Pinch black pepper
Pre heat oven to 180C. Line an oven proof dish with baking paper and roast the peppers for approx 20 mins. Check they don’t burn but a little black tinging around the edges gives a delicious smoky taste.
Add to the small bowl of a food processor and pulse until you have a smooth texture.
Delicious served with lentil burgers, as a side with sweet potato wedges or simply spread on buckwheat toast with sliced avocado.