Makes 2 servings
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric root finely chopped (can sub in for ground but the fresh stuff really does make the difference)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 500ml chicken bone broth (for vegan version swap this for a tablespoon of miso paste mixed with 500ml water)
- 3 tablespoons coconut yogurt (or milk) + 1 tablespoon for finishing
- Squeeze lemon juice
Pre heat oven to 200C. Line an oven proof dish with baking paper and add the sweet potato, onion and garlic. Place in the oven for 30 mins until roasted. Mix 1 tablespoon of the coconut yogurt/milk with a squeeze of lemon juice to make a coconut sour cream that you can use to finish.
Once the vegetables have roasted remove from the oven and add to the blender. Add the ginger, turmeric, garam masala, bone broth (or miso broth) and 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt/milk. Power for 1-2 minutes on a medium to high speed until you get a smooth texture. You may wish to add a touch more water depending on your preferred thickness.
Pour into a saucepan and warm on a low heat, stirring regularly. Transfer into bowls. Drizzle with the coconut sour cream. I love mine with a chunk of sourdough on the side!