Makes 2 servings
- 6 tablespoons tiger nut flour
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour + 1 tablespoon for dusting pancakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds + 8 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or seeds of one vanilla pod
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1 medium to large apple
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Coconut oil
In a medium sized bowl make the chia “egg” by adding warm water to the seeds and letting sit for 5 minutes. Sieve both the tiger nut and coconut flour into the bowl. Add the vanilla, bicarbonate of soda and apple cider vinegar. Then add the cashew milk and combine well to get a dough. Divide the mixture into 6 small golf sized balls, roll in the extra coconut flour and flatten to around 1/2 inch thickness to form patty like pancakes.
To make the stewed apple mix, cut the apple into small chunks, add to a saucepan with a little filtered water to coat the bottom. Add the cinnamon and bring to the boil. Reduce and simmer with a lid for around 5 minutes. Once softened remove from the heat and add the flaked almonds and thyme.
To cook the pancakes heat a small amount of coconut oil to coat a large flat pan. Reduce to a low heat. Add the pancakes and cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook for a further 3 minutes. Serve with the stewed apple mix and some coconut yogurt or sheep yogurt.