- 250g of white sprouting broccoli (can use purple or just cut regular into florets)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons flaked toasted almonds
For the cashew sundried tomato dressing – put all ingredients into a high speed blender and pulse until blended to your preferred texture.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup organic cold pressed olive oil
- Pinch garlic powder (or use 1/4 fresh garlic clove)
- Generous pinch mineral rich salt
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Water to thin to desired texture
Make the dressing as per the above in a high speed blender and transfer to a sealed jar that you can refrigerate.
Line two baking sheets with foil and preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
Lay the tomatoes on one sheet and roast until the skin breaks. On the other sprinkle out your almonds (you may want to do a bigger batch to use for other dishes). These should both take around 10-15 mins.
Whilst they are cooking wash, trim and lightly steam the broccoli for 5 mins and put to one side.
Then wash and carefully remove the mint leaves from the stem and roughly chop so you have quick large pieces.
Remove tomatoes and almonds from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl add the broccoli, mint, the now cooled tomatoes and a generous couple of tablespoons of the dressing and combine thoroughly. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.
I think this works super well with poached eggs for brunch but is also delicious with wild salmon or on its own if you just want a vegetable option.